3 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/16/2018
Posting Close Date: 05/28/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Advisor, Guest Communications (Email Marketing)
The Guest Communications team manages email and push notification marketing for WestJet. Why is this important? This role is the electronic messaging voice of WestJet. It represents our brand in millions of direct interactions with guests every year. These interactions can be everything from enticing promotional emails that start guests dreaming about their next tropical getaway to providing them critical information about their travels via email or push notifications. This is a specialized role, requiring a combination of marketing and technical skills, and a very strong understanding of digital marketing channels. This role requires analytical skills to evaluate how campaigns are performing and to develop testing strategies to continuously optimize performance. The Guest Communications Advisor role includes the opportunity to join a strong team of passionate WestJetters within the Marketing Communications team.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Guest Communications, you will be accountable to support and deliver against WestJet’s Guest Contact Strategy as it relates to guest notifications, guest recovery and marketing automation. You understand email marketing best practices and have experience in applying them. You have utilized digital platforms that enable automation and have experience in working with IT and technology resources required to support them. Your primary responsibilities for this role include execution of the Enterprise Notification Systems road map and the creation and execution of Marketing Automation Campaigns. This role will handle larger scale programs across the organization, work with stakeholders to document campaign objectives and will develop the strategy for execution.
What will you do?
* Development and execution of larger ENS initiatives including new notifications, large scale personalization work, etc. Gathers detailed requirements, documents these in I.T. software (supports I.T. during development and testing); signs off on UAT,
* Creation and execution of email (and multi-channel) digital campaigns via Marketing Automation technology including scheduling, briefing of creative, setup of campaign in tool, QA/testing, execution and reporting,
* Analysis of current email communications (marketing and transactional) and provides recommendations for improvement,
* Work with Creative Services and agencies to develop any new templates required,
* Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required,
* Reviews deliverability for all email systems and works with appropriate teams or partners to optimize,
* Support areas across WestJet in the development and execution of ad hoc emails. Includes support of Guest Relations, Guest Experience, Rewards, etc.,
* Stays up-to-date on and recommends email marketing best practices including strategy, design and testing of digital campaigns including the channels of email, online display, social and push notifications,
* Earns the confidence of key stakeholders through demonstrated success and strong relationships, becoming a trusted business partner,
* Learn – continuously. And help team members and stakeholders learn too!
Who are you?
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
* Experience: 3-6 years of marketing in a role focused on email or digital channel marketing
* Technical skills: Experience or working knowledge of SCRUM/agile development methodology; ability to write technical requirements and liaise with IT during development and UAT; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, CRM/segmentation and email deliverability best practices.
* Marketing skills: Advanced knowledge of Digital Marketing including channels of display, push messaging and email. Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation. Ability to identify audience segments and opportunities within.
* Business Acumen: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capability of establishing respect and credibility through actions. The ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well under pressure. Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team. Proactive, energetic personality with an inquiring mind that can also work under tight deadlines.
* Fun: at WestJet we pride ourselves on our fun and friendly customer focus. We take our jobs seriously, but not ourselves.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.