about 1 year ago
* Setting-up and operating fabrication-related tools/equipment such as assembly fixture, orbital weld, mylars, forming, cutting, brazing, marking, non-traditional machining and qualifying, etc.
* Performing intermediate mathematical calculations.
* Use various precision gages/inspection measuring equipment/fixturing to mechanically, and visually, perform inspections.
* Interpreting intermediate level mechanical blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications and/or drawings, etc., to determine set-ups and operations necessary to complete job tasks.
* Identifying and controlling the processing of quality-related nonconforming and/or noncompliant products and materials, such as, Preliminary Review quality process, etc.
* Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, production-flow job, continuous improvement duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
* Training duties.
* Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
* Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a technical-related field from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 6-months experience in manufacturing fabrication tool and equipment operations; Or
* High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2-years of experience in manufacturing fabrication tool and equipment operations; Or
* Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 18-months of experience in manufacturing fabrication tool and equipment operations.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the set-up of conventional and numerically controlled manufacturing machine tools and equipment.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of conventional and numerically controlled manufacturing machine tools and equipment.
* Demonstrated proficiency in intermediate fabrication/mechanical blueprint/drawing/engineering specification reading and interpretation.
* Experience in performing intermediate mathematical calculations involving decimals, ratios, and percentages.
* Experience in use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment such as, micrometers, dial calipers, vernier scales, height gages, special fixturing, coordinate measuring machine and/or optical comparators.
* Experience in quality-related procedures requiring identification and controlling processing of nonconforming and/or noncompliant products and materials, such as, Preliminary Review process.
* Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
* Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
* Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
* Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.