5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* Managing programs and is responsible for implementing cost-effective ways to manufacture composite components.
* Evaluating the current composite catalog of components manufactured by UTC Aerospace Systems(UTAS)-Aerostructures and determine low-cost automated solutions were identified as financially beneficial.
* Work with different automated solution providers to best determine the right equipment and tooling path forward for UTAS-Aerostructures. Once an automated solutions provider has been identified, work with them and the manufacturing sites to implement the equipment into new or existing product lines.
* Work closely with other internal UTAS-Aerostructures organizations, key suppliers and customers, and senior leadership to ensure internal and external commitments and milestones are met.
* Experience in the development of project plans using Microsoft Project; including schedule, budget and resource planning.
* Evaluation of technical options against schedule and budgetary constraints.
* Travel will be required to meet with automated solution providers, attend technical conferences and trade shows to evaluate material processing advancements, and customer facilities for meetings and manufacturing reviews.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated product and organization knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to identify and complete standard tasks without direction.
* Experience with Composite Automation (Manufacturing, Machining, Assembly, etc. ).
* Experience with coordinating and executing equipment, tooling, and part qualifications.
* Experience with material system development to improve automated capabilities.
* Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and program/project management tools.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor of Science Degree and 10+ years of Aerospace Manufacturing experience or Master of Science Degree and 5+ years of Aerospace Manufacturing experience is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.