10 months ago
Our Lenexa facility designs and manufactures Oxygen Life Support System products for commercial, military and private business jet aircrafts providing high quality, innovative solutions to enhance aircraft passengers and crew safety and comfort. We strive to make advances in the field of oxygen delivery and consumption technologies for a more reliable system that reduces total weight and cost for our clientele.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in our Life Support Systems business located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the candidate will be responsible for performing standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project and selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
* Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
* Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians.
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
* Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
* Performs professional Manufacturing Engineering assignments of an intermediate degree of complexity under general direction and supervision with some discretion as to work details.
* Provides support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
* Develops plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, MRP support studies, factory cost work standards development, and the like.
* Compiles and evaluates test and production data, prepares technical analysis, recommends and implements manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
* Provides production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
* Provides training to peers and production assembly technicians.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training. Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering preferred.
* Experience with AS9100, ISO9000, or equivalent quality standards and systems
* Familiarity with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or similar readiness assessment methods
* Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Experience applying Gage R&R/Measurement Systems Analysis and Process Capability Studies
* Proven experience applying Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – particular for manufacturing and assembly processes
* Experience with PLC, Labview, or similar programming software
* New product development and launch experience
* Ability to apply problem solving processes such as DMAIC with demonstrated results
* Experience creating technical specifications and documentation
* Demonstrated success leading multi-functional teams
* Experience applying Lean Manufacturing practices and fundamentals
* Manufacturing and Assembly application experience, including typical plastics assembly methods such as snap-fit and welding
* Demonstrated capability of managing multiple priorities
* Experience working with non-domestic (outside North America) suppliers
* Experience developing and implementing manufacturing/assembly tooling
* Travel expectations - up to 25% travel (domestic and international)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.