about 1 year ago
* Thrive on developing complex engineering solutions for safety critical flight control systems?
* Want to work on cutting edge, next generation development programs for global, best-in-class Aerospace Primes and OEMs?
* Flourish in an environment of accountability and responsibility and believe work should be fun?
Then keep reading...
As a Staff-level Systems Engineer, in our Aircraft Group (AG), you’ll work on requirements definition, system design, integration, and qualification for primary and secondary flight control actuation systems. Our Staff-level Systems Engineers are well versed in implementing comprehensive systems engineering principals throughout the entire product lifecycle, and have solid and demonstrated expertise in systems engineering and project engineering. If you want to be part of a world-class engineering team, Moog is for you.
Based out of our Corporate Headquarters near Buffalo, NY, our AG is seeking Staff-level Systems Engineers to bring first-hand development and/or engineering experience in flight control actuation systems (in an aerospace context) to the team. Highly motivated “self-starters” with the ability to effectively guide a multi-disciplinary, geographically distributed team will find much success at Moog.
Here’s what to expect on a day to day basis:
* Provide technical expertise and guidance to a systems engineering team and/or cross-disciplinary engineering team working on flight control actuation technology and/or integration of flight control actuation systems
* Be responsible for generating design artifacts, including
* System architecture,
* Design requirements,
* Validation and verification plans,
* Test and analysis reports
* Serve as the primary technical interface for Moog management, customer representatives, and suppliers
* Provide proactive updates against commitments; and status deliverables and cost/schedule/risk metrics
* Analyze and troubleshoot problems for root cause; Identify and implement accurate solutions in a dynamic work environment
* Generate reports and presentations based on results from modeling and simulation focused on system performance and safety
At a minimum you'll need to meet these qualifications:
* BS or MS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer or Systems Engineering, or related field, from an accredited university
* 12 years of progressive experience in the field of System Engineering or a related field
* Ability to obtain a government security clearance and access to Special Programs
* Core competencies in flight control systems, hydraulic and mechanical actuation technologies, modeling and simulation, integration and test
* Demonstrated experience working with the development of flight control actuation systems
* Project Engineering leadership skills for teams of up to 12 members
* Excellent verbal and written skills required
* Team player with excellent communication and people skills
* Travel Requirements: Travel to other Moog sites, customer sites is required – 10-25%
Preferred qualifications include:
* Experience working with safety-critical systems (including hardware and software)
* Thorough knowledge of design trades for safety, reliability, and fault tolerance
* Experience with hydro-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical actuation technologies
* Familiarity with control system design and aircraft flight control systems
* Experience in Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow tools as a mechanism for driving requirements development
* Proficiencies in Model-Based System Engineering as a framework for system architecture development
Moog’s Aircraft Group has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the global Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention improved the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft.
Are you up for the challenge?
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran