about 1 year ago
As Advanced Lead Engineer, Electronic Schematic Design for GE Aviation's well-established and highly successful global Avionics & Airborne Electronics business, you'll provide Deep technical expertise to support development of embedded Avionics products, project execution and design support.
This is soup-to-nuts development of new state-of-the art aircraft components
The primary design work will be in the areas of analog, digital, and power conversion circuitry used in commercial and military aerospace products.
The Advanced Lead Engineer will interact with key colleagues and stakeholders in multiple disciplines and functions, including board design, hardware design, systems engineering, software development, program and project management, etc.
In particular, you will:
* Design for safety, testability, and manufacturability
* Define Hardware architecture
* Select electrical components for rugged environments
* Schematic capture
* Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area estimation, power dissipation, component stress
* Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits
* Perform and document root cause analysis
* Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
* Perform Circuit Worst Case Analysis
* Perform Electrical simulation
* Perform Design to cost analysis
* Support PCB design with Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and manufacturability guidelines
* Support mechanical design, software, test engineering, and manufacturing
* Support qualification and acceptance testing
* Support lifetime testing, EMC, electrical pulses, Electro Static Discharge (ESD)
* Sensor interface design (tachometers, accelerometers, synchros, etc.)
* Design for rugged, safety-critical environments
* BS in Engineering from an accredited college or university
* 5 years of engineering experience designing analog and digital hardware for airborne or automotive applications
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Masters in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
* In depth understanding of analog, digital, and power theory
* Familiarity with Electronics Lab test equipment, and test methods
* Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
* In depth expertise with PSPICE CAD design tools
* Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
* Development to DO-254 and DO-160 standards
* FPGA design experience
* DC to DC converters design experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Highly motivated
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.