4 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager willing to be part of our new joint-venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
As Quality Manager, you will :
* - Lead the development of the Quality Management System and all required FAA permits and certifications (AS9100, PC700, Part 145 Cert)
* - Develop and execute a Quality roadmap that outlines all the path to develop the Quality Management System, all permits and certifications
* - Develop and execute business plans, policies, procedures and strategies to maintain and improve organizational and Quality system performance
* - Perform analysis to identify and evaluate the quality of products, operations and processes to Quality Management System requirements, applicable company procedures, contract requirements, or government regulations
* - Supervise employees supporting the technical activities in the area of product quality
* - Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures in support of daily operational responsibilities.
* - Provide coaching on the Quality System.
* - Provide guidance for processes and technical approaches.
* - Develop and maintain relationships within operational guidelines with peers, direct reports and internal customers.
* - Manage supplier quality activities to ensure that suppliers' production and quality systems, special processes, products and services meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulatory agency and government regulations.
* - Develop quality metrics, design and production certification plans to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
* - Collaborate with Engineering organization to develop and implement design for quality requirements and participate in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs.
* - Perform analysis and process audits to ensure manufacturing and test readiness.
* - Provide material review dispositions for non-conformances.
Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
* - Perform benchmarking and other forms of analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
* - Interface with Company employees, suppliers, customers and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements.
* - Reviews and validate quality corrective action plans and identify effectivity to ensure completion.
* - Interpret industry standards and provide recommendations to engineering.
* - Create formal analytical reports and coordinate with the responsible parties for distribution.
* - BA in Quality, Business administration or relevant field
* - 8+ years experience in Aerospace quality
* - Experience working with AS9100 and/or similar QMS standard.
* - Experience working with Part 145 and PC 700
* - Experience working in an aerospace production factory or MRO
* - Creative and innovative problem solver.
* - Experience and comfortable working in a environment of abiguity and change
* - Conscientious and responsible
* - Leadership skills
* - A keen eye for detail and as results driven approach
* - Communication and interpersonal skills
* - Planning and organisation skills
* - Problem-solving skills
* - Teamworking skills
Interfaces with French company is a key part of this position / Be fluent in French will be a plus.
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV.
As Quality Manager, you believe that quality in an organization is driven as much by culture and mindsets as it is by processes and procecedures. For you, a focus on quality will drive a safer, more productive company where things go right the first time in design, production, and support.
Specificity of the job
This is a temporary assignment in support of a new business venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
The employee(s) selected for this assignment will be required to relocate to San Diego, CA for the duration of
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.