5 months ago
We are looking for a Product Manager Support & Repair willing to be part of our new joint-venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
As Product Manager Support & repair, your missions will be:
* - Develop product maintenance requirements (off aircraft / on aircraft)
* - Work with responsible stakeholders to establish an inventory system to maintain an accurate accounting of materials, consumables and other parts needed to support product in service.
* - Work with other stakeholders or partners to establish approved suppliers/vendors to support part repairs and materials requirements.
* - Assist or work with other designated stakeholders in forecasting spares projections for product support after EIS.
* - Develop and provide implementation plans to ensure internal / external compliance with maintenance, safety and security procedures to ensure optimum product performance.
* - Develop service readiness plans for new product and ensure all maintenance requirements or other documents required by FAA or EASA are ready prior to product launch.
* - Schedule and hold regular planning and informational meetings with management, prepares briefing for the Services launch plan.
* - Coordinate with operations or quality teams to prepare for FAA / EASA and other local /regional regulatory agency certification as required for providing services and maintenance for the new product.
* - Maintain responsibility for overall integrity of company tools and ensuring the accuracy of technical data.
* - Develop Service offerings and pricing models including but not limited to the following: PBH, T&M, Fixed Rate, Lease Model, Pay per F/H, etc.
* - Develop of in-service product support, and customer support plan
Plan and forecast work requirements according to the new business venture timeline to optimize the distribution of work over time and allocate manpower ensuring productivity and efficiency.
* - Determine the optimum organization for the department, personnel, facilities and equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks.
* - Bachelor's Degree In Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing or Operations Management (preferred)
* - General knowledge of Maintenance and Overhaul of APU's, and Services business development
* - Oversight of all business development activities including but not limited to Business Planning, Business Strategy, Cross Functional coordination with product development teams, finance, and other joint venture business stakeholders.
* - Roles within one or more of the following functions: Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul, Commercial Services Business Development, Supply Chain Management, Engineering
* - 5years+ of experience expert knowledge and experience with commercial aircraft engines, Auxiliary Power Units, or other major aircraft/engine component maintenance, repair and overhaul.
* - Demonstrated understanding of commercial aviation services with in-depth technical and aftermarket service knowledge of Auxiliary Power Units (APU)
* - Experienced working with the FAA/EASA and have strong comprehensive knowledge of Part 145
* - Experienced with Maintenance Steering Group MSG 3 aviation maintenance philosophy
* - Experienced with Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) through Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) to increase efficiency of maintenance and reduce the cost of product support
* - Ability to effectively communicate complex subjects in a dynamic work environment
* - Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to effectively manage customer relationships, ability to multi task, and a demonstrated team player
* - Leadership ability to work closely with and engage cross-functional teams
* - Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
Other desired qualifications desired, but not mandatory for job:
* - Experience implementing the Customer Value Canvas framework (Strategyzer)
* - FAA/EASA Aviation Maintenance Technology certificate (A&P Certificate)
* - FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) Certificate
Interfaces with French company is a key part of this position / Be fluent in French will be a plus.
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV.
The Product Manager Support & Repair, will be responsible for leading the development and planning of all aspects of the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Services & Customer Services strategy for a new business venture.
In this critical role, the Product Manager Support & Repair will be primarily responsible for establishing all MRO and Customer service product requirements.
The Product Manager Support & Repair will partner with the Engineering team to define the why, when, and what of the APU service experience.
Specificity of the job
This is a temporary assignment in support of a new business venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
The employee(s) selected for this assignment will be required to relocate to San Diego, CA for the duration of
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.