4 months ago
We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant willing to be part of our new joint-venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
* - Oversees and consults on the research, preparation, data validation, review, approval and reconciliation of
highly complex financial statements and reports.
* - Directs the analysis and mitigation of compliance risk/errors of a complex nature.
* - Oversees the analysis and interpretation of highly complex directives, policies and regulatory requirements
to provide expert guidance on new and existing accounting issues including the writing, editing and approving
of white papers on accounting issues.
* - Oversees the identification and communication of cost collection requirements and develops, implements
and maintains cost accounting structure/systems, tools, data and related realignment activities.
* - Consults on the research, development and deployment of highly complex changes to current and emergent
accounting tools and processes.
* - Oversees integration and analysis of highly complex integrated financial statement forecasts for programs,
business units or the enterprise.
* - Leads or consults on the development of highly complex performance reports.
* - Oversees integration of variance analyses and provides understanding of financial performance to senior
* - Makes recommendations to and consults with senior management on financial performance and projections
using extensive financial statement knowledge and experience.
* - Leads, analyzes and presents business opportunities by assimilating long-range objectives, strategic plans
and business cases using appropriate indices to maximize profitability and shareholder value.
* - Oversees analysis of external integrated financial statement results and projections in support of quarterly
earnings release and quarterly/annual SEC filings.
* - Consults on requirements definition and deployment of common systems, tools, processes and training to
improve business planning processes.
* - Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Accounting ; CPA is a plus.
* - 15 years of experience in similar business in accounting
* - Strong Excel, SAP and database skills
* - Excellent accounting and financial software systems
* - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* - Creative and innovative problem solver.
* - Good at working in team
Interfaces with French company is a key part of this position / Be fluent in French will be a plus.
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV.
Key areas of GL Accountant responsibility are:
* - Develop and maintain budget, forecast, and actuals
* - Prepares financial statements
* - Participates in audits internal and with outside auditing firms
* - Works with Tax firms to prepare company taxes
* - Manages Risks and Opportunties
* - Maintains budget trends
* - Develops Board of Direc tor presentations on financials
* - Leads Long Range Business Plan development and m anagement
Specificity of the job
This is a temporary assignment in support of a new business venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
The employee(s) selected for this assignment will be required to relocate to San Diego, CA for the duration of
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.