4 months ago
We are looking for a Data Control & Configuration Engineer willing to be part of our new joint-venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
As Data Control & Configuration Engineer , your missions will be:
* - Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the engineering department configuration management
* - Work with customers and partners to determine optimum means of coordination and cooperation as related to engineering data
* - Coordinate with other engineering departments to achieve optimization tools for data quality and control, based on established constraints
* - Build a strong relationship with clients, partners and parent company technical team in a partnership environment
* - Participate in the creation of a world class engineering team that is sought after by clients.
* - 5 years experience in configuration management and technical documentation.
* - 2 year design or technical writing degree or equivalent experience in data management
* - Understanding of basic engineering principles, latest technology and tools and technical writing
* - Familiarity with aircraft products and associated regulations a plus
* - Good verbal and written communication skills.
* - Creative and innovative problem solver.
Interfaces with French company is a key part of this position / Be fluent in French will be a plus.
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV.
Specificity of the job
This is a temporary assignment in support of a new business venture between Safran Power Units and Boeing.
The employee(s) selected for this assignment will be required to relocate to San Diego, CA for the duration of
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.