6 months ago
Administrative Assistant, Core Engineering-TOR03846
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Provide complete administrative support for the Montreal based Managers
- Coordinate and assist with general day to day administrative requirements for the Toronto Core Engineering Departments
- Prepare a variety of charts, reports, presentations, using software tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Validate and adjust human resource records for the departments related to organizational structure, status, vacation records
- Process employee timesheets and extract SAP reports
- Prepare PO backup material, accruals and engineering services charges
- Produce financial reports based on SAP information of hours booked and invoices charged to the cost centers
- Order and maintain stationary supplies, and maintain lists of Departmental computer and other devices;
- Arrange and modify travel plans
- Facilitate the arrival of new members of the departments by arranging for equipment and IT accounts and accesses
- Prepare, process and follow-up on the department’s expense claims, to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy;
- Create and maintain group and department organization charts;
- Pick up and distribute pay stubs to the Manager and Section Chiefs in the Department
- Assist with special projects within the department on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate computer hardware and software requests for the Department using the Bombardier Request Management System (IT Self-Service Portal)
- Coordinate the Engineering Training Program for the Bombardier Toronto site
As our ideal candidate,
- As a successful applicant you have a degree in Office Management or equivalent
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- You have excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- You are autonomous, results oriented, able to work well under pressure and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You have an aptitude for, and interest in learning new business-based software.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information is essential.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Solid interpersonal skills coupled with a courteous demeanor will make you an ideal candidate.
- Clarity in written and oral communication is essential
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.03.2018, 4:00:00 AM