12 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of agricultural and industrial chain products and screw conveyor auger flighting, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to add to our 400-associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, profit sharing, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
To provide and coordinate professional secretarial and administrative support of a standard and confidential nature to senior manager and executive level associates. To provide and organize this support in the most effective and efficient manner as proactively as possible in order to maximize use of managers' time. This position will require little guidance or direction once routine expectations are established.
* Assist manager in prioritizing important issues and actions required. Deal with low risk matters; route and copy managers' direct reports as appropriate.
* Manage, coordinate and schedule managers' calendars. Schedule meetings and phone calls locally, within the U.S. and internationally. Determine and verify attendance, coordinate time zones, and teleconferencing arrangements. Organize and provide back-up information for meetings and phone calls as necessary. Exercise judgment on priorities and adjust overlapping appointments and reschedule as needed.
* Prepare, facilitate and prioritize business communications and information in various multi-media forms as required - memos, Power Point presentations, faxes, voice mail, electronic mail, mail, files, records, etc.
* Maintain the utmost confidentiality on critical business and personnel information including strategy work, major projects, and tactics, financial statements, expense accounts, individual personnel data and records, and external and inter-company communications.
* Organize and coordinate domestic and international trip agendas and logistics, including transportation, hotels, passports, visas, destination agendas, etc.
* Organize and coordinate customer visits for both U.S. and international customers as well as coordinate all visitors (customer, other Timken site personnel, or major other) to Fulton.
* Organize and coordinate manager attendance at major industry conferences/meetings. Coordinate customer events at these conferences/meetings.
* Organize and submit expense reports on behalf of managers this position supports.
* Work with Operations, CI/Lean, Sales, Marketing, and other major departments providing support as needed with creating Power Point presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
* Coordinate meeting logistics including teleconferences and presentation material as needed along with auxiliary requirements (gifts, meals, transportation, etc.) including training classes.
* Handle incoming telephone calls as completely as possible in order to maximize use of principals' time.
* Coordinate major weekly/monthly team meetings for the Fulton, IL Team.
* Help direct corporate and site associates to the right connection and assist with their communication.
* Coordinate memorials/plants to be sent in the event of deaths in associates' families.
* Coordinate associate retirement celebrations/gifts.
* Coordinate associate service awards programs.
* Chair the R.E.A.C.H. (Employee Recognition) Committee.
* Coordinate local charitable donations/Timken Foundation.
* Back up for hourly payroll.
* Associates of Science – Business/Secretarial Science – preferred
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Effective spoken and written communication and teamwork skills
* Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and efficient
* Ability to prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks, take direction from multiple sources and be resourceful in getting things done
* Strict adherence to confidentiality in all aspects of the position
* Ability to professional and cordially related to a wide variety of people outside and inside Timken Drives, as well as colleagues at all levels of the organization