5 months ago
At GE, We are always searching for great talent. While we might not have a specific job for you today, we want to know about you when we do. As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Additive Manufacturing Process Engineer will utilize expertise in additive manufacturing to support business goals, programs, and processes for aircraft engine components
Additionally, the Additive Manufacturing Process Engineer will :
* Exercise leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment
* Utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals
* Be responsible for scheduling, resolving issues, tracking material availability, and advising on material usage
* Design and implement manufacturing processes and systems for control and replenishment of materials
* Promote customer satisfaction and develop positive customer relationships
* Be responsible for attaining all aspects of production operation including safety, scheduling, quality, and team development in assigned areas
* Plan and implement process-engineering activities for new product development and current product support
* Provide manufacturing method development and improvement for current and new products
* Determine safe manufacturing processes that produce a quality product in the most efficient method of manufacture
* Investigate and apply new technology
* Assist supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems
* Conduct training, process planning, evaluates operating methods, selects controls, and specifies tools, fixtures, and gages
* Maintain the manufacturing engineering system on part routing and standards
* Execute manufacturing related quality planning activities
* Pursue continuous improvement for quality and cost reductions in designated area
* Act as change agent, understanding and moving the operation toward world-class performance
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of manufacturing experience in a manufacturing role)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Experience with additive manufacturing, specifically Direct Metal Laser Melting
* Ability to make data driven decisions and utilize Six Sigma / Lean tools or equivalent quality tools
* Knowledge of safety agency regulations
* Strong background in the interpretation of engineering drawings / specifications and manufacturing processes
* Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
* Leadership Program Graduate or equivalent program graduate
* Ability to manage multiple assignments
* Knowledge of ISO / quality procedures
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Alabama; Auburn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.