9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Performs any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records.
* Prints all invoices in AP mailboxes (WESCAM and Don Mills) to match with daily receiving reports.
* Open incoming mail and date stamp. Deliver any mail that is not AP’s to correct person/dept. Invoices that are for service rendered need to be emailed to requestor.
* Compiles data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered.
* Compares invoices against purchase orders, shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items.
* Prints reports for cheque runs to have manager authorize payment to vendors.
* Clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures; obtains proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
* Contacts vendors or buyers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions.
* Assembles invoices to be completed for payment.
* Calculates all extensions and totals on invoices, calculating and taking credits when applicable; verifies all coding, reviews invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval, checking vendor files for any previous payments.
* Prepares vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, and federal ID number, item description, amounts, and coding per accounting policies and procedures.
* Audits/enters Expense Claims as required.
* Maintains copies of credits, invoices, or correspondence necessary for files.
* Prepare periodic reports and other records.
* Ensures that all discounts are taken and that accurate and timely payments are made.
* Reviews cheques and vouchers to verify correct payments before signature by controller.
* Prepares Wire transfers both manually and through Scotia Connect.
* Reviews monthly journal entry approvals.
* Compiles and prepares reports and records required by management or governmental agencies.
* Assists in the preparation and close of month-end.
* Runs month-end reports and Sarbanes Oxley reports as required.
* Strong knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, and ACCPAC
* Knowledge of SharePoint
* Strong knowledge in ERP system Global Financials/Visual Manufacturing/Infor ERPLN
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a financial environment
* College Diploma in Accounting or related field
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam