9 months ago
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a 2018 Accounting Intern in our Aftermarket Services Business located in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Join the Rockwell Collins Interior Systems team as a Summer Intern and find out what it’s like to develop innovative technologies and creative solutions that redefine the aircraft industry. As a global organization and world-renowned leader, we offer a rewarding and valuable experience that will help prepare you for your future career.
Internships with us are a hands-on, real time work experience that contributes directly to Interior Systems’ bottom line, and brings you right into the heart of the aerospace industry.
The Rockwell Collins Interior Systems Summer Intern Program affords students the ability to:
* Access and work with state-of-the-art equipment
* Learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment
* Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Rockwell Collins Interior Systems, which allows the intern to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business
* Earn a competitive salary during the program
* Participate in robust leadership development opportunities
* Possible future employment
This role will provide a broad overview of general accounting to include, but not be limited to the following areas:
* Assume responsibilities pertaining to the monthly close and financial forecasting processes.
* Assist in maintaining and developing site level analytics to help drive accurate reporting of both financial and non-financial data.
* Assist with various accounting tasks and support internal/external audit requirements.
* Prepare ad hoc reports and analytics, as required, to meet business needs.
* Prepare monthly journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger
* Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
* Assists in the documentation of accounting procedures and controls.
* Provide monthly variance explanations for departmental expenses (actual versus prior forecast, plan, and prior year)
* Specific project work to be defined
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
* Completion of sophomore year
* Enrollment in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program for the Fall 2017 semester in Accounting or Finance
* General knowledge of databases, accounting/financial computer systems.
* Intermediate knowledge of general accounting.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.