5 months ago
Requisition ID: 8273
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Account Sales Manager to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position will support the Commercial Aircraft and Network Solutions (CANS) business in Annapolis, MD. The Account Sales Manager will provide overall direction and guidance for maintaining commercial airlines accounts including selling new products and features while maintaining relations and commercial contract renewals. This roll requires an extensive business (aviation) relationship experience within each airline account along with internal coordination and collaboration among Program Management, Finance and Implementation teams in Annapolis, MD.
Responsible for Rockwell Collins IMS sales activities to a number of Key North Americas Airlines (Region may expand as experience and results are developed).
The main objectives of the position will be to:
* To build strategic relationships within key customer accounts in the North Americas region in a cross-business environment
* Identify and obtain new business opportunities throughout the region of responsibility.
* Manage multiple business areas within key customers to enable expansion of existing revenue and customer loyalty
* Lead strategic account development plans thereby maximizing development and growth opportunities.
* Penetrate accounts to establish high level working relationships, and leverage internal resource for peering with relevant customer contacts
* To architect and execute overall strategic account plans in order to ensure Rockwell Collins ARINC solutions are alignment with the airlines business challenges.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Key Account (Sales) Manager is responsible for selling, account management and development of the strategic account plans in his assigned region. The focus will be on new revenue as well as maintaining existing revenue, along with the development of cross-sell opportunities, both within IMS and across other Rockwell divisions also.
Responsibilities will include:
* Identifying market opportunities within a given region and qualifying tactical sales opportunities.
* Develop an understanding of the customers' financial situation, business environment and strategies, maintaining and nurturing appropriate high/board level relationships.
* Willingness for frequent, planned and unplanned, travel
* Developing strategy and tactics to attract new business and expand business with existing accounts.
Key Result Areas
* Ensure the successful and profitable growth of the full Rockwell Collins ARINC portfolio to the region and specified accounts
* Full and active participation in identification and qualification of opportunities, account reviews, bid preparation and submission, final contract negotiations in relation to Key Account(s)
* Regularly monitor account revenue streams to ensure consistency with projected forecasts, and instigate and pursue remedial action where appropriate.
* Understand and document account requirements/needs/capabilities
* Review/update every quarter
* Develop Short/Mid/Long Term Account Strategies
* Relevant understanding of IT environments & Rockwell Collins Product Portfolio
* Previous working experience of the Travel and Airline industries
* Related experience as an Account Manager/ Sales within the Aviation Industry
* Track record of achieving / exceeding sales targets
* Takes a proactive approach to identifying new business opportunities
* IP based communications and managed services
* Comfortable with networking to find new business opportunities
* Strong acumen in industry standards/trends.
* Good understanding of competitive business models: their strengths and weaknesses.
* Previous experience in executing win strategies across the business via competitive tenders/request for proposals.
* Experience in building Account Plans and engaging at the Senior Management level
* Critical and Strategic thinking skills
* C-level executive relationship creation and development
Education & Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree, no less than six years of related customer sales and account experience within the aviation industry
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.