4 months ago
The Aircraft Technician I, under close supervision, performs or assists with inspection, maintenance, and repair of basic aircraft systems and structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
* Perform basic aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications under close supervision.
* Assist with movement of aircraft as required.
* Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
* Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
* Use material tracking system to create parts demand, and to charge labor to Work Orders, items, and squawks.
* Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic and de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
* Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
* In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
* High school diploma/GED.
* Valid Drivers License required.
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or 2 years of aviation maintenance experience.
* Working knowledge of FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
* This client does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
* Must report with a valid form of identification
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.