5 months ago
Moog’s motion control technology supports a variety of markets and applications, from commercial aircraft cockpits, to power-generation turbines, to Formula One racing, to medical infusion systems. The company’s Space and Defense segment provides controls for satellites, space vehicles, launch vehicles, armored combat vehicles, tactical and strategic missiles, security and surveillance, and other defense applications; and gun aiming, stabilization, and automatic ammunition loading for armored combat vehicles. Within the Space and Defense Group, MoogS3 (Sensors and Surveillance Systems) is a dynamic business unit focused on the development of high-quality, scalable physical-security solutions for a variety of established and emerging markets. Our core products include ruggedized pan and tilt positioners, camera systems, tripods, and video accessories.
Check out the following links to learn more about Moog’s Sensors and Surveillance Systems:
As a 3D Designer you can expect to:
* Prepare CAD models and initiate concepts / designs that are functional / practical and integrate these designs into complete products by utilizing creativity and design expertise. Generate full design packages consisting of layouts, schematics, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, etc. Maintain 3-D production models & BOM’s.
* Aid the overall effort toward internal and external customer satisfaction by initiating and implementing efforts to detect, solve and preclude the recurrence of design problems. Support engineering to maintain a wide variety of product lines and provide technical assistance to other departments.
* Select components, materials and processes. Maintain technical data bank and design standards for product lines.
* Review supplier designs for functionality, feasibility, reliability, completeness and conformance with specifications.
* Plan and organize daily / weekly activities based on engineering priorities of work to be completed.
Here's what you'll need to be considered for this exciting opportunity:
* Minimum of an Associate degree in an Engineering / Technology curriculum or equivalent working experience.
* At least 5 years’ design experience with a preference in supporting products in an OEM facility.
* 5+ years using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred) and proficiency using MS Office software.
* Demonstrated abilities in concepting and designing in addition to preparing production drawings with GD&T and maintaining BOM’s for assigned product line designs. Electrical system layout experience is a plus.
* Experience with assisting engineers in all phases of product maintenance and/or development activities while maintaining high quality and consistency for engineering deliverables. Maintain, improve or develop new processes to increase engineering effectiveness. Solid understanding of engineering / technical drawings & documentation.
* High level of self-motivation and drive to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and fluid environment with proven critical thinking and diagnostic abilities. Experience working across functional boundaries to resolve issues.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written skills for the exchange of information between supervisor, team members, sales, and manufacturing personnel; communications with internal customers is of prime importance in identifying problems and outlining solutions.
* Experience with electro-mechanical systems and positioning systems is a plus.
Our entrepreneurial culture supports our talented people, allowing them to approach their work with energy, enthusiasm, and the promise of opportunity. We’re currently looking for a Custom Products (CP) Project Engineer, to spearhead the execution of our custom products pipeline. This individual will report to the Platforms Manager and work closely with product management, business development, engineering, procurement, and production teams.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran