9 months ago
2nd Shift Quality Mechanical Inspector III
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55924BR Date posted 11/02/City Irvine
N2 Imaging Systems is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced, 2nd Shift Quality Mechanical Inspector to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. Individual will perform receiving, in-process, final inspection & 1st article approval of manufactured, assembled and tested hardware. Verify processes as required to ensure drawing and material specifications are satisfied. The successful candidate must be familiar with a manufacturing environment, have computer knowledge, a self-starter who pays attention to detail and accuracy and taking responsibility for his/her work.
2nd Shift Hours: 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Responsibilities to include
1. Inspection of in-process and finished components utilizing various types of measuring and test equipment, to verify various characteristics.
2. Inspection of Products, Material then generating Inspection Records in accordance with ISO9001 Specification.
3. Ensuring material products and processes (anodize, chem film etc.) are applied in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality and function.
4. Interfacing with production and test operators related to his/her workmanship, and/or other quality issues.
5. Maintaining calibration system to ensure that gages and measuring instruments are within calibration interval prior to use.
6. Ensuring nonconforming material is isolated from acceptable parts and is properly documented and controlled in accordance with UTAS/Customer's procedures.
1. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
2. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in quality inspection and disposition.
3. Minimum of 5-10 year in a manufacturing environment.
4. Direct experience with Inspection and testing of Military or aerospace hardware including reviewing testing procedures and drawings.
5. Controls and Instrumentation, Manufacturing Inspection Experience, Quality, Inspection Tools, Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Judgment, Decision Making.
6. Must be computer literate (comfortable accessing computer databases and entering data).
7. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
8. Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
9. Able to read basic written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
10. Quick learner with strong attention to detail.
11. Must have the ability to work with others in a fast-changing environment.
12. Direct experience with drawing reviews & Interpretation, use of CMM and other GD&T Inspection methods.
Experience with Military hardware including reviewing testing procedures is a plus.
Minimum of High School Degree, Technical Degree, Military experience, and/or Flight Hardware certifications preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.