11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
The facility and equipment maintenance technician will primarily support our multi-shift operations. This position will perform facility and equipment maintenance. This position will coordinate outside contractors and other maintenance personnel as needed. Electrical or mechanical skills are helpful.
Core hours: Monday - Thursday 2:30pm - 1:00am; 2nd shift
(additional hours may be required as needed)
* Perform technical tasks based on written or verbal instructions.
* Utilize technical assets.
* Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
* Prompt response to maintenance emergency requests.
* Demonstrate proper welding ability.
* Demonstrate safe work procedures.
* Utilize microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
* Perform advanced troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
* Participate in and/or lead project teams.
* Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance, and use of complex products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where moderate ingenuity and judgments are required.
* Design simple circuits, fixtures, or mechanical parts.
* Provide technical solutions to engineering.
* Participate in safety initiatives.
* Support manufacturing activities through the resolution of production problems, fabrication of complex hardware, equipment, and training.
* Self-manageworkflow throughout the area with minimal guidance, to achieve team goals.
* Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the building and repair of product or process enhancement.
* Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or equipment problems
* Actively participate in material review activities including troubleshooting of non-conformances.
* Perform mid-level (moderately complex) testing or mechanical operations on production/repair hardware including troubleshooting to component level.
* Provide skill specific training to improve technique and/or understanding of theory of operation.
* Fabricate complex equipment, hardware or prototypes.
* Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data. Parts usage, etc. This requires data interpretation.
* Generate reports from test results and communicate results or take immediate corrective action to assure proper disposition of items in question.
* Write test procedures and manufacturing work instruction for complex or detailed assembly or test operations.
* Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information to provide information for decision making requiring judgment.
Technical Asset Management
* Manage technical assets which require support from personnel, outside sources, and other functional groups to complete tasks.
* Requisition, manage, and maintain technical assets.
* Provides tooling, fixture, software and equipment design, and maintenance, as well as troubleshooting/repair.
* Perform general maintenance.
* Provide a safe working environment for all building occupants.
* Perform maintenance work to ensure efficient facility operation.
* Review plans for facility projects.
* Provide input on project improvements.
* Make recommendations for providing a safe work environment
* Perform work as specified.
* Responsible for the completion of assigned projects and keeping systems running.
* Assist Maintenance Mechanic HVAC and Maintenance Mechanic Electrical in completing project work.
* Complete additional work assignments including welding, painting and carpentry projects.
* Plumbing background a plus.
Qualification: Required Experience
* 3-5 years working in a manufacturing setting.
* Plus having past experience dealing with chemicals and/or hazard materials.
* Plus having trade experience (i.e. electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, etc.).
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year). Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* High School Diploma required.
* 1800 hours of trade school required in certain Facilities Maintenance, Carpentry, Plumbing, HVAC or compatible fields.
* Trade School Certification/Degree preferred.
* Associate’s degree or Technical Degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.