about 1 year ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Provide expertise in support of quality improvements in products and processes and provide guidance in matters relating to regulatory and oversight environments. Quality Engineers support various production areas across Fabrication, Assembly Aircraft Completions and Delivery, as well as functional areas such as Supply Chain, Engineering, and Customer Service.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
• Develop and revise Quality systems and procedures as directed by management to ensure documentation is compliant to current practices
• Conduct Government and FAA requested audits and investigations and report on corrective action steps taken to prevent recurrences when necessary
• Gather and analyze performance data (scrap, rejections, defects, rework) to aid in the development of process improvement projects. As needed, coordinate across other production and functional areas to ensure maximum quality and efficiencies are achieved
• Conduct process or product based audits in production or functional areas or within the supply base (external suppliers)
• Bachelor’s Degree in:
• Supply Chain
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Aeronautical Engineering
• Materials Engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Green Belt certification or Six Sigma training preferred (Variation or Lean)
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 4:28:05 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.