10 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
This position will support the Company and Trade Compliance Management in the Legal Department primarily by ensuring export and/or import compliance with U.S. Department of Commerce, Department of State, Customs and Border Protection, and other government agencies’ (OGA) regulations. This position will require one to learn about international trade, governmental agencies, and trade compliance requirements while researching Textron Aviation engineering and supplier documentation regarding aircraft parts, systems, and equipment with the end goal of properly assigning US Harmonized Tariff Schedule numbers and Export Classifications in support of international shipments and managing technical data.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
* Coordinating all activities involved in export and/or import including, but not limited to, ECCN product classifications, harmonized tariff classifications, country of origin determination, product valuation reporting, and OGAs requirements
* Work with internal and external customers/vendors, freight forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to gather information necessary to ensure compliance of company imports and exports
* Responsible for ensuring and assisting company employees with compliance with company policies
* Assist in the development, enhancements and maintenance of trade compliance management systems, policies, and department procedures and work instructions
* Adhere to required Company and regulatory document retention requirements
* Assist with internal assessments of company import/export transactions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
* Map international product process flows to assist in the identification of best practices and identify opportunities for improvement
* Monitor ongoing daily shipping flows to ensure that export/import filings are true and accurate
Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree
* General preference for team member with interests in:
* International Trade, Economics, IT, Supply Chain Management,
* Finance, or Business Administration/Management
* Preference for technical team member currently studying:
* Aerospace Engineering & Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering
* Engineering Technology
* Minor or relevant coursework in Technical Writing, or Computer Programming is also beneficial
• Quickly grasps new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop and provide technical training
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creative thinker
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Some travel may be required
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information, The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/18/2017, 2:27:08 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.