12 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Interns will assist and drive the development of new model aircraft interiors. Qualified candidates will be performing work in ideation, design, planning and execution of projects to support the development of innovative new products.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
• Generate design schemes for flexible use across multiple aircraft models
• Refresh textiles library through building relationships with outside textiles vendors
• Generate design concepts for innovative products and features based on provided criteria
• Plan and participate in ideation exercises, research, design, development and manufacturing including other methods the team may discover to develop a successful team project
• Collaborate with engineering, interior design, industrial design, technical groups and other Interns to develop, implement, monitor and status the progress of a given project
• Schedule work to meet project completion dates
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in:
Other related fields
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborates and easily gets along in team based environments
• Action oriented and seizes opportunities
• Software skills (Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Professional, 3D studio Max or related software)
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 2:00:02 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.