11 months ago
Rockwell Collins Interior Systems, formerly B/E Aerospace, (a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc.), is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a 2018 Intern - Engineering in our J.A. Reinhardt Company business located in Mountainhome, Pennsylvania.
Join the Rockwell Collins Interior Systems team as a Summer Intern and find out what it's like to develop innovative technologies and creative solutions that redefine the aircraft industry. As a global organization and world-renowned leader, we offer a rewarding and valuable experience that will help prepare you for your future career.
Internships with us are a hands-on, real time work experience that contributes directly to Interior Systems' bottom line, and brings you right into the heart of the aerospace industry.
The Rockwell Collins Interior Systems Summer Intern Program affords students the ability to:
* Access and work with state-of-the-art equipment
* Learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment
* Work on projects and programs currently in progress at Rockwell Collins Interior Systems, which allows the intern to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business
* Earn a competitive salary during the program
* Participate in robust leadership development opportunities
* Possible future employment
* Performs a variety of routine tasks that are planned to provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, practices, and programs of the company
* Using readily available clear and direct references, provides straightforward solutions to problems
* Collects and evaluates data, and develops plans for assignments that may involve design application
* Performs professional engineering assignments of a basic degree of complexity under direction and supervision with limited latitude for independent action and decision
* Applies basic engineering principles to perform routine design, fabrication, modification and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations
* Conducts analysis or tests of a routine degree of complexity pertaining to the development of new methods, materials, processes or standards and provides recommendations accordingly
* Provides shop floor support
* Investigate 3D printing as a means for rapid prototyping
* Performs other duties as required
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
* Completion of sophmore year
* Enrollment in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program for the Fall 2017 semester in an Engineering major
* Experience with Microsoft Office
* 3D Modeling Experience
* 3D Printing Experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.