9 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including 2018 Intern – Engineering - Mechanical in our Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Join our team as a summer intern and find out what it’s like to develop innovative technologies and creative solutions that redefine the aircraft industry time and time again. It’s a hands-on, first-person experience that brings you right into the heart of Rockwell Collins. You gain real work experience and are a part of everyday team scenarios. It’s the perfect way to discover where a career at Rockwell Collins can take you. As a global organization and world-renowned leader, we offer an unrivaled experience that will help prepare you for your future career.
The Rockwell Collins Summer Intern Program affords students:
* The opportunity to learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment
* The ability to work on projects and programs currently in progress at Rockwell Collins, which allows the intern to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business
* A competitive salary
* Housing assistance (if applicable)
* Access to state-of-the-art equipment
* Possible future employment
* Structural analysis of interior monuments (hand calculations and FEA)
* Creating macros to ease some of the processes
* Perform & assist structural testing of interior monuments
* Enrollment in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program for the Fall 2018 semester Mechanical, or Aeronautical Engineering
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
* Completion of sophomore year
* Background in finite element analysis and software packages ( Nastran, Ansys etc.)
* Knowledge on Visual Basic, MS office ( Excel) etc.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.