12 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
This is an entry level engineer position responsible for development, design, testing and FAA certification of aircraft interior Cabin Electrical Systems and their installations. This includes designing of system level wire diagrams used in the development of cabin system wire harnesses utilizing workstation design tool HarnesSys and CATIA V5/V6. Designed aircraft Cabin Electrical Systems include; Cabin Management Systems, Cabin In-Flight Entertainment, Cabin Lighting, WIFI communication and PED interface systems, and various Cabin/Passenger electrical amenities. Candidates in this role will gain valuable engineering experience in the area of design requirements including capture, design, validation, troubleshooting, and certification of aircraft Cabin Electrical Systems. Working with managers and key players in and outside Interior Engineering, Candidates will assist in the development and evaluation of crucial systems on Textron Aviation Products.
Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
* Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and Cabin Electrical System interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (CATIA/CCD and/or IAI HarnesSys and/or Mentor Graphics)
* Perform analyses requiring frequent application of engineering principles
* Utilize electronic test equipment to verify avionics interfaces and Cabin Electrical Systems meet design requirements, and/or for system troubleshooting in the lab and on aircraft
* Prepare engineering trade studies, functional test procedures, certification plans, ground and flight test plans, certification reports, and other engineering documents
* Write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. Includes descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc.
* Assist with the evaluation and analysis of Cabin Electrical System design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments
* Manage coordination, planning, and development of Cabin Electrical Systems engineering projects
* Coordinates with internal customers as well as outside suppliers on design/development for manufacturability, cost, schedule and regulatory compliance
* Uses advanced techniques and problem solving capabilities to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
* Works well in a cross-functional and diverse team environment and is able to successfully manage thru ambiguity
* Can acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
* Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets or exceeds customer requirements
* Willingness to understand the FAA regulatory requirements and apply those requirements to the Cabin Electrical Systems design
* Maintains a current knowledge of developments in new technologies and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company products and processes
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
* Minor or relevant coursework in Technical Writing, Business Administration, or Computer Programming is helpful
* Previous professional experience thru an internship or Coop is preferred
* Knowledge of Continuous Improvement principals is beneficial
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with electronic test equipment desired
* Electronic drafting experience with CATIA-CADAM Drafting (CCD) and/or IAI HarnesSys desired
* C/C++ and assembly programming experience is considered a plus
* Experience with CATIA V5/V6 and VPM desired
* Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus
* Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part 25 is considered a plus
* Experience with design and installation of aircraft electrical/avionic systems a plus
* Working with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project is expected
* Good time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 1:59:28 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.