12 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Candidates will work with and assist the accounting team at Textron Aviation. Candidates will gain hands on experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, inventory control, and fixed assets. Candidates will also have the potential to work on domestic and international tax compliance, reporting, and research.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
* Perform general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations and accruals
* Reconcile account balances. Generate financial statements and analyze for correctness
* Assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP while internal policies and procedures are followed and exceptions are communicated to management
* Analyze data and reports for logical and reasonable outcomes. Investigate errors and propose solutions to the problem
* Ensure compliance of finance documents and prepare information for auditors
* Assist in the implementation of new or improved systems and processes
* Collaborate with the tax professionals on the preparation of income tax returns, filings, and quarterly/annual income tax provisions
* Work and assist with audits, tax account reconciliation, and tax correspondence
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in:
o Business Administration
* Strong understanding of GAAP
* Builds and maintains constructive relationships
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Action oriented and seizes opportunities
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required - ability to create formulas (including V-lookups a plus) as well as experience using Microsoft Word, Access and Outlook
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 4:43:23 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.