10 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Textron Aviation, has an opening for an International Contract Negotiator. This candidate will act as primary point of contact for all official contractual matters and provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies and procedures, legal requirements, ITAR Regulations and customer specifications.
Position Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
· The candidate will be customer-focused with capability to resolve contracting issues with win-win solutions while meeting company requirements/guidelines.
· Duties include but are not limited to:
· Coordinate with Program Management, Business Development, Capture Management and Finance to develop business strategies
· Review and process Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and other types of cooperative business arrangements
· Review Requests for Proposals (RFPs), develop contract structuring, assist in overall proposal strategy, review, ensure required reviews and approvals are obtained and submittal of proposal
· Performs risk assessment of proposals and contracts terms and conditions and develops strategies to minimize their potential risks to the business
· Develops negotiation strategies and lead negotiations to achieve company desired results
· Ensure the program teams are aware of contract requirements at program startup through execution
· Interface with customers and internal management to resolve problems and ensure required approval is obtained on all proposals prior to submission· Ensure that any changes to requirements, scope or schedule are addressed with the customer and handled appropriately;
· Provide assistance to Program Managers in achieving financial and performance goals and objectives
· Generates and maintains contract documentation and obtains approvals as required
· Refers to policies and guidelines for guidance
· Attend program meetings, and various financial and operations reviews
· Perform contract closeout tasks
· Perform other contract-related duties as assigned.
· Juris Doctorate; JD/MA with international focus preferred.
· Ability to work independently and utilize research techniques to resolve issues;
· Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines
· Ability to interface with all departments, management levels and customers;
· Motivated individual willing to learn and independent decision making;
· Strong ethics, values and integrity;
· Analytical skills to recognize potential and existing problems/challenges and make timely decisions to assure their resolution;
· Strong negotiating/advocacy skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Well organized and detail oriented;
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 4:42:03 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.