11 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
POSITION SUMMARY: Engineer will support Beechcraft Government Business Military Type Certification. He/she will assist the Certification Team in ensuring new products adhere to Mil-Hndbk-516B (Expanded) criteria for airworthiness. Candidate will work cross-functionally within engineering to ensure that airworthiness criteria are complied with. By following systems engineering process, he/she will gain exposure to a wide variety of technical areas including but not limited to systems engineering, systems safety, avionics, mechanical systems, airframe design, aerodynamics, structural design, flight test, and flight publications; and other program practices like risk and opportunity management.
· Assist with engineering and US Government Program Office tasks related to obtaining Military Type Certification.
· Assist in the allocation and decomposition of airworthiness requirements.
· Assist in assessing technical compliance to Mil-Hndbk-516B (Expanded) criteria.
· Assist in developing airworthiness compliance statements and reports
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in:
· Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering
· Coursework in aircraft certification, systems or capstone design, and/or systems engineering
· Great communication skills, and highly adaptable a must!
· Resourceful, self-starting, comfortable interacting with a variety of people including non-technical staff.
· Demonstrated leadership capability, e.g., clubs, extracurricular activities, class projects, etc.
· Some exposure to certification, systems engineering, or aircraft /system design
· Comfortable working at the higher systems level among a variety of technical disciplines. Must be able to see the big picture.
· Ability to juggle multiple small projects or tasks
· Familiarity with requirements management tools, and SharePoint a plus.
· Future ability to obtain a security clearance
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 3:08:48 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.