profile image
Amandaqian
Height
profile image
Amandaqian
Hi everyone

Just checking once you passed all the interviews assessments etc, does the training course measure your height etc?

Thanks
profile image
Soglex
Hi! As far as I know they say you must not lie about your height because they could send you home for that before starting the training. Anyway I do not think a few cm make a difference.
profile image
pr25sr43
Yes,
they will measure you, and if you lied and are shorter or taller than you should be, they will send you home.
profile image
Amandaqian
Even 1 cm short? ??
When will they measure? Thanks
profile image
Sierrah
Hi there!
They always measure you during your interview (or assessment day, open-day, etc) as the minimum height is a legal safety requirement airlines cannot ignore. Not meeting this criteria implies not qualifying for the role and therefore they will withdraw your application and you will not be offered a training course. I have never heard anything about an airline measuring anyone during the training, but as most recruitments are now 100% online, I will not be surprised if they did. Just have in mind that height is something they need to check at some point and so they will.

However, and based on what I have seen on some assessment days, people who are a little bit under the minimum height are allowed to stretch their arm without shoes and try to reach the overhead locker mark on the wall with their fingers (I believe its 212 cm but not sure). If they reach, they have cleared the height test and will continue on the process.

Give it a go, especially if you are just 1 cm short, but do not lie as they have the obligation to check your height.

Other discussions going on within Ryanair

Media request for Ryanair empl...
2  1.57k 2 weeks ago
2 1.57k 2 weeks ago by Ethan Wistler
Ryanair / crewlink recruitment
42  20.24k 6 days ago
42 20.24k 6 days ago by Khaoula Bitam
Training 18th March - Colchest...
2  694 3 weeks ago
2 694 3 weeks ago by ferguson valenzuela
Ryanair 7th December Madrid
4  915 3 weeks ago
4 915 3 weeks ago by Philo mena
Training Valencia 12/2020
2  812 3 weeks ago
2 812 3 weeks ago by Maríamm 20002

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
102  392.56k 13 hours ago
102 392.56k 13 hours ago by James wilson
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
885  4k 8 hours ago
885 4k 8 hours ago by Benard Mumo
British Airways Specific to British Airways
66  6k 4 days ago
66 6k 4 days ago by Dimitra Telikiozoglou
Thomas Cook Group Thomas Cook/MyTravel Airlines
97  290.56k 1 week ago
97 290.56k 1 week ago by Sera Swann
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
31  192.72k 4 months ago
31 192.72k 4 months ago by hasnain khatri