Beechcraft Berlin Aviation (BBA)
is one of the leading facilities in Germany and throughout Europe for servicing, repairing and overhauling business aircraft.
As an EASA Part 145 approved Maintenance Organisation and an authorized Textron Service Facility, BBA is delivering services to both private and corporate aircraft and is performing hundreds of maintenance jobs every year.
With its EASA Part 21J certified Design Organisation, Beechcraft Berlin Aviation is providing turnkey solutions for aircraft modification requirements from design and engineering to project management, installation and certification.
Beechcraft Berlin Aviation is seeking
HEAD OF ENGINEERING(VP)
To manage Beechcraft Berlin Aviation’s EASA Part 21J certified Design Organisation.
- Leading a unit of Design – and Certification Verification Engineers (DE/CVE) for excellence in design and implementation of aircraft modification and implementation of special mission equipment.
- Preparing technical proposals for aircraft modification projects and supporting the preparation of commercial offers.
- Taking his part in sales efforts and communicating with customers whenever required.
- Being responsible for modification design (drawings, schedule, certifications, paper work etc.).
- Being responsible for the execution of special mission projects in terms of quality, agreed timeline and budget.
- Outsourcing special capacity and skills, together with the project manager and in accordance with the CEO.
- Monitoring and reviewing the timely implementation of design work.
- Supporting the Head of Office of Airworthiness and communicating with EASA and any other Airworthiness Authority as required.
- Supporting the Head of Office of Airworthiness in coordinating projects with EASA and any other Airworthiness Authority as required.
- Implementation of EASA current regulations and certification specification and deal with other Airworthiness Authorities as necessary.
This position reports to the Head of Design Organisation (HoD) / CEO
- Degree in Aeronautical Engineering (Dipl.-Ing. (FH), (TU) or comparable.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- At least 5 years of experience as Design Engineer (DE/CVE).
- At least 3 years of experience in a leading position of an approved Design Organisation – EASA approved would be beneficial.
- Experienced in the Business Aviation Sector would be an advantage.
- Good commercial understanding.
- Fluent in English, at least basic in German (desirable)
- Location of work will be Berlin, Germany