Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
Our Client is the world’s leading air charter service company with a proven reputation for innovation, expertise and professionalism. They are looking for a VIP Charter Broker based in the Gatwick office. This is a very rare opportunity and the successful candidate will be taking a great stride in their professional development.
To manage all aspects of a flight from initial request to putting offers together and working out commission schedules, then following up with client and carrying through to booking and flight set.
To maximise business opportunities by offering tailored solutions to meet client requirements within budgetary and operational restrictions whilst making suitable profit for the company.
- Communicate effectively with aircraft providers for offers.
- Use established in-house systems and formats to log and generate quotes
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients.
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule.
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided for clients.
- Follow up regularly and work towards confirmation.
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
- Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with charter agreement.
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
- Communicate with suppliers at all times to ensure clients’ requirements are met.
- Use established in-house systems and formats to log and generate operational documentation
Client relationship management
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed
- Manage all operational aspects of charters from the first enquiry to completion of the trip
- Ensure client is always kept informed of any development linked to specific bookings.
- Use established in-house systems to document client relationship management
- Building up strong relationships when making cold calls to new clients.
- Use initiative to identify new potential areas for business development.
- Develop new business through initiative, follow up on new leads, client recommendations and pro-active networking.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Cold calling prospect clients to help build on our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- Update the VIP operators’ list with the most recent information on the operators’ fleet details.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the role and within the competence of the role holder.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Carry out additional hours working where required and provide 24 hour duty roster cover on rotation.
Ideal candidate’s profile:
- Educated to degree level in appropriate field (aviation, business studies, language, communications) OR
- Vocational experience within aviation industry with aircraft operator or handler in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the business aviation market in terms of aircraft types, availability, airports, handling agents etc – preferably with a background of broking in a similar role or working in charter sales with an executive operator
- Experience in managing relationships with demanding customers across the world and from different cultures in a discreet and professional manner.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients in a calm manner.
- Experience of procurement or negotiation in order to obtain best value for the company and its clients.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas through a range of media to various audiences, particularly by phone.
- Ability to influence others, to liaise with supplier and other related service agencies at all levels and across cultures and to do so with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Verbal and written fluency in English. The ability to work at a competent level in a second language would be a strong advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Confident when making cold calls to potential clients.
-Based at Gatwick
-Salary: Competitive plus benefits
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency