12 months ago
VIE - Engineer for Physics Based Virtual Test (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
Tasks & accountabilities
For Airbus in Bremen within the department “High Lift FIB’s” we are looking for a VIE - Engineer for Physics Based Vitural Test . (Short specific description of the department)
Start: July 2017
Duration: 12 months
In this context, your main activities will include:
* Support the further improvement of the physics based virtual test methods
* Support the Proof-of-Concept test approach (testing with & without flap panel)
* Support the currently running and the coming R&T project for the simulation activities
* Secure the consistency within the Simulation Kit development
* University degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
* Basic understanding of Simulation technics for Structures and/or Systems
* Work within a transnational and/or multicultural project Team
* Experience in leading small development Projects appreciated
* Basic knowledge about Simulation Tools (e.g. Mathlab, Simulink, FEM)
* Specific knowledge on Mutlibody Simulation and real time capable Simulation appreciated
* English: good level
* German: basic
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to simplify complex questions.