5 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme is about enter its next phase, the qualification and verification of the upgraded vehicle. A large number of vehicle tests and trials are planned in this phase and we are looking for a vehicle owner to be a part of the trials team.
A vehicle owner has the responsibility of ensuring their assigned vehicle is always in a ‘ready state’ to undergo the next set of trials and for the safe operation of the vehicle during those trials.
This role is for a 2-year fixed term contract based at Bovington, Dorset and the successful candidates will work as part of the Trials Team, ensuring all on vehicle activities are organised, implemented and documented in accordance with company procedures. Additionally, the candidate may be expected to travel with the vehicle to other UK test and trial sites, as required.
Candidate’s specific responsibilities include:
* Ensuring all activities of an assigned vehicle are documented as per project requirement.
* Ensuring all maintenance requirements of an assigned vehicle are organised, implemented and documented as per requirement. This includes any GFE AESP and Internal documented requirement.
* Assist with on and off vehicle engineering investigation activities. Including optimisation and fault investigation activities.
* Assume the point of contact between all other technicians working on vehicle and the engineering team.
* Assist in organisation of vehicle movements internally around facilities and to other facilities at sites around the UK.
* Assist with the implementation of vehicle testing activities either by assisting an assigned Systems Test Engineering or by, on occasion, ensuring operation in accordance with issued procedures.
* As a vehicle owner the candidate will assist in the implementation and organisation of additional assigned technician support. Including the distribution of assigned vehicle activities to any assigned personnel;
* Assembly and modification of units and complete systems as per instruction.
* Installation and routing of cable harness runs through complex structures.
* If experienced, occasional modification or repair of military style cable harnesses in lab or in situ.
* Operation of hardware at component, system and vehicle level as per test procedure; following training and/or instruction. Including movement of assets around facilities.
* Support the testing of components and systems.
* Support vehicle testing including the operation of the vehicle and vehicle systems following training.
* Provide support during meetings and consultation to facilitate the continual revision of programme reports and schedules.
* Facility and equipment ‘housekeeping’. Includes ownership and maintenance of tools and equipment within identified working areas.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of performing and directing build and modification activities on complex systems, preferably within a defence programme.
* Experience of electrical and/or mechanical unit/component installation and configuration.
* Experience of maintaining associated documentation to record the build state and configuration of vehicles or similar equipment
* Ability to work independently on build and installation activities following instruction.
* Experience of working in a general workshop environment.
* Experience of directing a team of technicians to perform planned and unplanned maintenance on tracked vehicles (or similar).
* Ability to understand and discuss information across a large multi-discipline team.
* Capable of acquiring tracked vehicle licence if required and training provided.
* Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel and other office based IT packages.
* Demonstrable experience of working in a tam with diverse skills and experience.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience undertaking electrical interface fault diagnosis such as continuity testing using standard lab equipment.
* Experience of working on defence programmes, preferably within an armoured vehicle engineering environment.
* Experience of tracked armoured fighting vehicle maintenance with standard tools and test equipment.
* Familiarity with current British Army Armoured Fighting Vehicles and associated equipment
* Participation in test and trials activities
* Tracked vehicle operator training would be advantageous.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.