Chevron Technical Services have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Production Planning Engineer based in our head office in Manchester.
You will support the workshop production planners in the production of detailed work instructions for the repair and the manufacture of aircraft components. To become fully conversant in the Production Planner role through mentoring and self-study over a two year period.
Duties will include
· Learn and develop the skills and knowledge of the Production Planner role
· Learn how to use the MRO systems with regards to all production planning department requirements
· Understand and work to the workshop production planning policies and procedures
· Produce and control workshop task cards for new manufacture and the repair of components and support the workshop whilst items are in work
· Ensure all workshop requirements are fully planned ensuring all materials and tooling required to accomplish the planned tasks are clearly identified.
· Support the workshop manager as required to ensure the service provided to the customer exceeds their expectations
· Support the materials manager with the provision of material and tooling requirements
· Maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements in relation to the management and control of planning activities and maintenance records
· Understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to EASA Part 145 and EASA Part 21J
· Experience of producing detailed work instructions from approved technical data
· Understanding the role of a Production Planning Engineer in an MRO
· Understanding of how building good working relationships with key internal and external customers
· Understanding of Health & Safety and compliance requirements.
· Excellent IT skills and must be a competent user of Microsoft office suites
Candidates who have the relevant experience will be considered for interview