5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The GE Aviation On Wing Support team are looking to hire a Tooling Warehouse Coordinator based at their London Heathrow site.
* Working closely with GE Aviation shop client personnel and serving customers/technician needs, specifically with Tooling inventory management, material handling & logistics
* Ability to work self-directed in dynamic shop floor environment, attention to detail, and process oriented
* Plan, organize and support day to day tooling asset management activities, working in collaboration with On Wing Support global teams
* Serve as primary focal point for all inventory transactions and questions pertaining to system transactions
* Responsible for logistics execution, receipt & outbound distribution
* Monitor Inventory Accuracy and support Cycle Count & Physical Inventory tasks
* Maintain accurate records and documentation including customs paperwork
* Support business Continuous Improvement initiatives as and when requested
* Comply with all business policies and procedures that may affect Compliance, Quality, Health & Safety Environment
* Maintain compliance with EHS standards and work with Integrity at all times
* Forklift operation
* Pallet Jack operation
* Proficiency working within WMS (warehouse management system) with accuracy, including hand held scanner technology
* Experience with Excel & Word
* Logistics Documentation Experience, Domestic/International
* Demonstrable experience of successfully working in a team
* Excellent verbal communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
Locations: United Kingdom; Feltham, Heathrow, London, Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Windsor
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.