A challenging role undertaking a full range of engineering activities within the environmental test skill area, where the primary role is to configure, instrument and undertake test operations on space equipment using specialist Vibration and Thermal Vacuum facilities to meet customer quality test standards and requirements to replicate the extremes of space.
* Environmental testing operations across thermal vacuum and climatic test areas.
* Technical author support of the EVT Test procedures and processes for all Environmental Test activities.
* Mechanical operations on test facilities to support desired test setup.
* Review and analysis of post test data.
* Compiling of test data, producing test certification and reports.
* Maintain test instrumentation, facilities and equipment including a robust planned preventative maintenance cycle.
* Liaise with internal and external customers about their projects.
* Provide technical input into test equipment design and procurement, including test equipment reliability, root cause analysis of process and quality errors, and identifying improvement opportunities.
* Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to. Ensure all procedures work instructions and processes are followed and correctly annotated on the completion of every operation.
Potential candidates must have knowledge/experience of:
Previous experience in environmental testing would be preferable
Understanding and practical application of Health & Safety regulations.
Vibration and Thermal Vacuum testing in the Space, Aerospace or Defence environment
Excellent Computer Literacy - especially in Microsoft office software . Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Engineering knowledge - the ability to understand and use both mechanical and electrical formulae (resistances, currents, power values, theoretical loads and bending moments).
Understanding of technical documents (drawings, procedures, technical notes) and general engineering practices utilised in the Aerospace industry.
Be prepared to be flexible in working hours, the test lab covers 24hours a day so ability to cover varying shifts is required.
Understanding of Space environmental conditions would be an advantage.
Knowledge of Vibration, Vacuum & Climatic test techniques/systems to include Test & Measurement Instrumentation methods
Knowledge in stress analysis and signal processing/analysis
Required education level:
A minimum of an engineering based HNC/HND.
Key skills in English and Mathematics