Test Equipment Project Engineer to design test equipment and to support the development of aerospace equipment for an Aviation company based in Dorset.
You will work as part of a newly formed team of engineers to capture test equipment requirements and propose design solutions. Working on whole life cycle management of the test support equipment, including procurement, test, verification, logistics support and subsequent maintenance and calibration.
Test equipment includes simple mechanical and structural fixtures, hydraulic, pneumatic and fuel systems, power and instrumentation test cables, as well as more complex fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, motor drive systems, braking systems, control systems and data acquisition systems.
You will have previous experience in a Project or Design Engineer role and also electrical and mechanical (including pneumatic and hydraulic systems) design and hydraulic systems with a broad knowledge of Engineering.
Responsibilities of a Project Engineer - Test Equipment
· Capture test rig requirements, complete documentation and produce test rigs
· Develop practical and innovative concepts and carry out basic mechanical and electrical analysis
· Produce specifications and support cost models
· Support generation of general assembly, detailed drawings and Bill of Materials
· Ensure amendment of existing test rigs is kept under control using a change management system
· Carrying out any test and compliance activities to prove that test equipment meets its requirements
· Ensure any amendments of existing test rigs is kept under control using appropriate change management system
· Collate and produce Technical Construction Files for all test rigs
· Provide support for the development of efficient test equipment development processes and procedures
· Career progression with training
· Competitive base salary
· Excellent benefits package
· Matched contribution pension
· 3x Salary Life Assurance
· Access to all employee bonus plan
If you would like an opportunity to work as a Project Engineer - Test Equipment in a state of the art facility based in Dorset with subsidised canteen and free parking please apply now.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.