4 months ago
Test Architect Stf
Specific Job Description
The Test architect will have ownership of enterprise wide initiatives. The Test Architect shall plan, implement, test, document and maintain enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. During this process all parts of a UKIS’s existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements (taking into consideration the special technology needs) shall be analysed and identified.
The Test Architect will report to the Engineering Leadership Team and be under the general direction of the Integration and Test Manager.
• Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
• Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
• Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
• Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
• Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
• Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The Test Architect will be responsible for developing, implementing and leading I&T practices and processes across the business area which are scalable to the expanding business needs.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Ability to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Experience of integrating complex systems
• Experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
• Experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
• Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards and sub-contracting testing to these.
• Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation techniques for validation
• Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88 desirable
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools
• Model based Engineering
• Experience of Software Testing (ISTB qualified)
• Experience with JIRA
• Familiar with DOORS
• Familiar with Defect reporting and tracking systems
• MODAF/DODAF desirable.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.