11 months ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Storekeeper (Aviation) on a full time permanent contract working 39 hours per week 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday to work at RAF Syerston, a satellite airfield of RAF College Cranwell and home to the RAF Central Gliding School.
* Receive, issue, control and account for all equipment
* Load and unload the incoming orders
* Maintaining quality, batch control and traceability of all parts
* Possible requirement to travel to other sites if required
* Previous experience in a technical stores environment (ideally Military background)
* Familiar and competent with UK military documentation and procedures or have experience in a CAMO organisation
* Computer literate with experience of MJDI
* Understanding of current COSHH regulations
* Currently or previously Dangerous Goods ADR qualified
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexibility to meet the challenges of a dynamic working environment
* Physically fit to meet manual handling requirements
This job is offered subject to successfully obtaining SC Clearance. You must hold a British Passport or be eligible to hold one and have resided in the UK continuously for the last 5 years.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
20 days ago
only 8 days until close