Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Technical Services Representative to join our new operation in Lisbon, Portugal
As a Technical Services Representative your primary responsibility will be on site technical support of Panasonic IFE and GCS product being progressively installed on customer’s long haul aircraft. Technical ‘supervision’ of the customers contracted MRO staff will be required to achieve standard Panasonic performance availability guarantees. The TSR will also be expected to establish excellent working relationships with Panasonic Customer Support Engineers and other Panasonic support staff. The role will also require the continuous and accurate correlation of system performance metrics that will be reported internally within both the customer and Panasonic. You will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the customer. TSR’s work closely with all departments of the maintenance provider to enhance their practices and knowledge of the operation of our systems
As a Technical Services Representative your duties will include:
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the customer’s contracted MRO on all aspects of IFE/ GCS maintenance.
- Assist troubleshoot and work to resolve system problems to liaise with and/or involve Panasonic Customer Support Engineers when systemic issues are concerned.
- Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance programmes.
- Fully understand the interface between all service providers and provide guidance to maintenance staff when issues fall outside their remit (Panasonic MCC, Panasonic Repair Shops etc)
- Support retrofit programs
- Develop and maintain IFE/ GCS system performance reporting criteria and report to external customer stake holders and Panasonic
- Interface between contracted MRO staff, Panasonic Product Safety Officer and Panasonic QA in all matters concerning air safety.
- Develop an excellent working knowledge and use all engineering applications to disseminate technical/engineering issues throughout Panasonic.
- Support s/w and h/w upgrades, the implementation of SB’s, AD’s.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Base Manager
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Support the introduction of SIL’s, TIL’s and Maintenance Memo’s and or other Panasonic or contracted MRO documentation.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
Your skills/ qualifications:
- Must have experience in an aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics.
- EASA B1 and/or B2 with relevant Type ratings preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in (aircraft) avionics, possibly with satellite communications.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of engineering applications for technical communications and training purposes.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education
- Must be fluent in Portuguese language both spoken and written and be able to convey highly technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux).
- Intermediate knowledge of LINUX and UNIX an advantage.
- A good understanding of PC networks and configuration, multiplexed or software controlled systems with knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements (EASA/FAA).
- Must be experienced in the ability to deliver technical coaching and training.
Must be customer service oriented
Ability to pass extensive security and background checks for Airside access.
Current and valid driver’s license.
May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment