Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one the UK Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a Technical Services Manager on a permanent basis for their Head Quarters based in South UK.
• Ensuring that an approved maintenance programme (approved by the relevant authority) is maintained and that an associated reliability programme is in place, for all of the aircraft under the management of the Company.
• Co-ordination with various operators and the Quality Manager Airworthiness for the issue of variations and authorisations against the Approved Maintenance Programme or as required with the relevant regulatory authority.
• Analysing in conjunction with the operator, the effectiveness of the approved maintenance programme.
• Ensuring in conjunction with the respective operator and the Quality Department, the accomplishment of any Airworthiness Directive and any other continued Airworthiness requirements made mandatory by the relevant regulatory authority. This should include all scheduled maintenance activities.
• Ensuring in conjunction with the respective operator and Quality Department, the accomplishment of modifications, non-mandatory, both from manufacturer or vendor where previously agreed.
• Ensuring that required certificates and documents for each aircraft under the management of the Company remain valid, and raising any necessary applications for renewal of such certificates at times appropriately prior to their expiry.
• Ensuring that the aircraft technical records are maintained for each aircraft under the management of the Company. This includes defect monitoring, log book updates and entries, maintenance projections etc., and also to maintain an archive system for all records to ensure a safe and secure storage and retention is continually in place.
• Production of the Maintenance Hangar Input plan in conjunction with the appropriate Maintenance and Hangar Managers in liaison with the Commercial Manager.
• Maintaining the Document Control Department, which controls the correct completion of work packs to ensure Company procedures are met in respect of national requirements. Also to control the liaison with the Commercial Department in respect of man-hour recording and reporting.
• Analysing and assessing incoming Technical data to determine impact and applicability to the aircraft and products being maintained or managed.
• Providing Technical liaison between Maintenance Engineering and third party organisations for any arising during aircraft checks.
• To ensure that the Technical Services department is maintained in accordance with the Company procedures and where necessary recommend amendments which may approve efficiency or cover changing circumstances.
• Fulfil any general safety and quality responsibility as defined in the Company Safety and Quality Policy being specifically accountable for the health, safety and quality of the Technical Services records and Library departments.
• The production and development of department procedures
• Ensuring that there is sufficient staff within the Technical Support Departments and that such staff are adequately trained and qualified.
• Compliance with Company Health, Quality and Safety policies.
• Ensuring compliance with the Company Safety system in respect of actively advocating, promoting and implementing the Safety policy – Identification, assessment and resolution of risks and hazards ensuring operational safety in the workplace. Implementing corrective actions within required timescales, ensuring all directly reporting staff are trained and remain actively aware and comply with the requirements of the Company Safety system. Actively participate in Company Management and Safety forums.
• Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
• Educated to Degree level in a relevant field or have a minimum of 3 years Operational or Technical experience within an Aviation environment
• A thorough understanding of the scope of the required Maintenance checks
• Experience of working in a team, with the ability to influence others and maintain the highest of standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Have the ability to manage and prioritise own workload in a fast moving environment
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and database systems is essential
• Have good attention to detail skills together with a methodical approach to work
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV in confidence to Kevin Small or call our office for more information.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.