Technical Engineer - Avionics
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Technical Engineer - Avionics based in Didsbury!!!
Following a recent expansion, our global Aerospace organisation client is currently looking to expand their team in Didsbury with an experienced Technical Engineer - Avionics.
As a Technical Engineer - Avionics you will be able to:
- To ensure the technical performance of the fleet through meeting all performance objectives within the Technical Services arena including safety, airworthiness, technical, reliability and quality targets;
- To deliver focused and efficient daily technical support to Scheduled Maintenance, Line Maintenance, Maintenance Control and all Operational functions to manage defect rectification;
- Carry out technical investigation arising from Air Safety Reports/Ground Occurrence Reports/Mandatory Occurrence Reports.
- To deliver technical expertise to enable BACF's responsibilities in the following areas to be met:
- Development of the maintenance policy, including the Approved Maintenance Programme(s) required by Part M.A.302 and analysis of the effectiveness of the Maintenance Programme;
- Modifications and repairs (changes) are carried out to an approved standard;
- Review, control and embodiment of Airworthiness Directives and any additional UK CAA requirements;
- Non-mandatory modification review and embodiment;
- Aircraft Deferred Defects, Concessions, Repair Interval Extensions, Variations and Minimum Equipment List effect on airworthiness including effective defect rectification;
- To ensure continued focus on Technical Dispatch Reliability from a Technical Services and reliability perspective in order to meet the company's TDR;
- Actively support Maintrol with rectification of live AOG defects.
- To make key technical/engineering decisions with respect to safety, reliability and cost.
- To maintain records and documentation to the appropriate technical and airworthiness standards including a robust document management system;
Core/ Key Responsibilities:
- EASA Part-66 B1 or B2 licence or equivalent technical qualification (i.e. degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject).
- Minimum of grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science
- Type rating on Embraer E170/E190 aircraft, or experience within a technical support/technical services role.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Be able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision.
- Be able to analyse written information and data and draw accurate inferences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads.
- Flexible in approach and accepting of change.
- Ability to make decisions based on sound rationale and technical knowledge.
- Sound analytical and decision making skills
- Relevant experience working as a Licenced Aircraft Engineer or within a related technical role.
- Recent experience on modern commercial aircraft types.
- Technical knowledge of Embraer E170/E190 aircraft
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.