4 months ago
Technical Apprentice Adv
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
LMUK (Ampthill) are interested in students who are looking for an opportunity to undertake a technical apprenticeship of up to four years.
You should currently be undertaking, or have completed, a course leading to a recognised level 3 qualification in a mathematics, IT, science or other technology related subject; e.g. ‘A’ Levels, BTEC level 3 Diploma or equivalent Level 3 qualification. The apprenticeship will entail continued study, via day release, at college, which will lead to the completion of the following qualifications:
* HNC completed at the end of the first year
* HND completed at the end of the second year
* Degree completed at the end of the third or fourth year (subject to confirmation)
Further qualifications are fully encouraged by LMUK Ampthill post apprenticeship, with a robust mentoring programme firmly established on site. Professional accreditation is also proactively encouraged, with mentoring, support and guidance provided.
The onsite training will see the individual embedded into various projects and functional roles, to allow the full design lifecycle to be captured and employed. This will also provide the individual with the opportunity to guide their post apprenticeship career, allowing any specialised training or development to be undertaken.
Specific Job Description:
* Engineering experience through education, especially practical experience.
* Previous programming experience through education.
* Previous programming experience through employment.
* Previous IT or engineering experience through employment.
* Presentation skills gained through the opportunity to present work completed
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* 2 A-Levels at C or above in Mathematics and Physics
* Or BTEC Level 3 Diploma in a relevant Engineering discipline at Merit or above, including Further Maths
* Or Equivalent Level 3 qualification in a related subject
* IT proficient (ideally Microsoft Office)
* A strong communicator, both written and verbal
* Motivated self starter
* An understanding of what engineering entails.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.