about 1 month ago
Technical Apprentice Adv
Specific Job Description [JP]
The job entails working within the Lockheed Martin Systems Solutions organisation on a portfolio of programmes in the UK and Europe for a range of commercial customers, primarily focused on providing systems to Postal Authorities. The Information Technology Apprentice will be a member of the Engineering team for Lockheed Martin Systems Solutions.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to operational systems used by Systems Solutions customers.
* Contribute to team success supporting systems, software, integration & test, and infrastructure engineers to design, develop and deploy enhancements to operational systems.
* Support to implementation teams through the development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational systems.
* Support to integration during software deployment phases.
* Support technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
* Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
* Work with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
You will be exposed to several disciplines (Integration & Test, Systems Engineering, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering) during the placement.
You will be assisted by more experienced personnel throughout your apprenticeship, helping you understand the various systems we maintain and ensure you learn to be a proficient engineer who can work on any projects within our organisation.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Business Environment [JP]
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
You will have a keen interest in how things work, and be interested in solving IT system problems.
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Problem determination & resolution
* Good IT skills in a range of SW packages would be an advantage
* Logical and careful approach to testing and problem solving with both hardware and software
* An appreciation of financial aspects
You will have the ability to learn, the desire to be part of a team and be able to cope with a very busy and demanding role
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) with a diverse range of colleagues
* Willingness to learn new concepts and skills
* Skilled in a hands-on environment
* Possess self-motivation
* Able to listen and absorb information
* Are friendly and considerate; happy to help out
* Accuracy is essential
* Good self-organisation skills
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
5 GCSEs (A* to C) including Maths, English and Information & Communications Technology (or equivalent qualification)
A Levels / BTEC Level 3 in related subjects
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.