5 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Tax Manager will support the European operations of the Healthcare Business. The main regions in scope include Benelux, Southern and Eastern Europe. This business has significant research and development, production operations, distribution and service functions worldwide.
• The individual will work closely with the European Tax Director, other Regional and Business Tax Directors, the functional teams (VAT, Transfer Pricing and Tax Controllership), business contacts and PwC GETS, in providing support on projects.
• Work within broad cross-border teams to support and implement strategic tax initiatives including restructuring, US FTC initiatives, funding and cash repatriation strategies.
• Mergers & Acquisition tax support including due diligence and initial analysis of transactions/acquisitions. Support Tax Directors on business integration plans post-acquisition.
• Support on commercial deals including review of tax clauses in commercial agreements and analysis of withholding tax rules and PE issues, including deals in emerging markets.
• Support the tax compliance and reporting process including:
• review of the effective tax rates, together with tax reporting of transactions and cash tax forecasting;
• Review of the annual tax returns (returns prepared by PWC GETS).
• Review of operating margins for entities in scope, in relation to alignment with transfer pricing policies, and driving and co-ordinating actions from the same.
• Own the R&D credit processes to optimise R&D credits/deductions for the business.
• Support simplification initiatives driven by the Tax Directors including execution of simplification plans developed by the broader cross-functional project team.
• Dealing with ad-hoc queries and supporting the broader tax team with the same, including technical research and analysis.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent specialising in Taxation with relevant experience in a Professional Firm and Industry (“Big 4” preferred).
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Experience as a tax professional on multi-jurisdictional/international matters
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple tax jurisdictions on cross border projects including structuring, licensing, royalty and treaty issues
• Highly adaptive, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
• Strong tax technical skills with good awareness of international tax concepts
• Experience of general due diligence for Mergers & Acquisitions
• Awareness of U.S. GAAP tax accounting an advantage
• Team player who has the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with thorough attention to detail
• Ability to project manage multiple projects and prioritise based on business needs, and able to execute within agreed deadlines
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications preferred (i.e.Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, & Macros)
Locations: United Kingdom; Amersham
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.