Do you want to be an integral part of one of the world’s best Fast Jet Flying Centre? Work at a state of the art training facility with an established and successful organisation? If so, read on!
A brand new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a T1 HAWK Depth and Bays Manager to join Babcock International based at RAF Valley, Anglesey.
The T1 Depth & Bays Manager is responsible for delivering the output from the AMRO Depth Tracks and associated Bays in line with the priorities set by the BAES Depth Manager. They are also responsible for the production and timely delivery of the Contracted Deliverable Reports and documentation in line with the requirements for the HIOS Contract.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Manage all aspects of Depth Maintenance & Modifications for the Hawk T1 aircraft AMRO organisation (the term AMRO includes all Hawk TMk1 Scheduled Maintenance and Modification Tracks and associated Hawk TMk1 Structures, Mechanical and Non-Mechanical aircraft support bays at Valley).
- Maintain compliance with BAE Systems MOE/AMCs at all times.
- Be responsible for aircraft documentation and airworthiness of the aircraft leaving AMRO and components leaving the Support Bays.
- Hold the position of Unit Tool Custodian (Hawk only) and ensure that a nominated Deputy is available as required
- Hold the position of Corrosion Control Specialist.
- Ensure all aircraft Maintenance, Servicing and Bay support activities are coordinated efficiently and in accordance with approved data and procedures to ensure continuing airworthiness and air safety.
- Take responsibility for the management of T1 Overtime and ensure the Overtime Budget Consumption and Forecasted requirement is updated and communicated to Contract Support Team and BAE
- Provide the required Contract Deliverable Required Items updates in order to meet the Monthly CDRI deadlines.
- Provide Line Management to all personnel within AMRO.
- Manage all aspects of AMRO and Support Bays including: recruiting, interviewing, welfare and motivation to promote optimum Maintenance Efficiency.
- Manage and report performance as directed by the Hawk GM through the utilisation of SAP ERP.
- Ensure that all staff under your line management adhere to the policies, procedures and controls for all IT systems
- Monitoring attendance, bringing persistent offenders to the attention of the Site Manager.
- Ensuring all AMRO and Bay Support personnel are suitably qualified and experienced (SQEP)
- Manage training and development of AMRO and Bay Support personnel; through the upkeep of the Personnel and Training Records Report, and generating Recovery Plans in accordance with the PATRR Essential SQEP criteria.
- Manage Continuous Improvement programme for AMRO and the Bay Support Organisations
- Provide support to the BAE Systems Depth CAT Cs in ensuring continued compliance.
- Ensure reported failures, incident reports and defect reports are investigated and actioned in accordance with current regulations & BAE Systems Pt145 MOE.
- Provide support to the BAE Systems Head of Fleet Operations.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures are adhered to
- Further support the overall safety and security of personnel and aircraft under his/her control through adherence to the Hawk Security Standing Orders and timely completion of Safety and Security Tours.
- Champion a culture of Aviation Safety Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
- HND or equivalent qualification/experience in relevant engineering
- Hawk TMk1 Managers’ Course
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior supervisory position within a related engineering environment
- Aircraft engineering and maintenance experience, preferably with Hawk aircraft
- Familiarity with BAES and RAF Engineering practices, manuals, documentation, schedules and quality assurance requirements
- Operational experience of managing multi-disciplined activities within an aircraft environment
- Experience of operating within a Trade Union & Business environment (desirable)
- Provide technical and commercial management
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate effective Leadership and team working / team building skills
- Work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Able to produce high level briefings and reports
- Knowledge of Part-M, Part-145 (AMCs) and any other relevant regulations
- Good communication and literacy skills
- Resources management and production planning skills
- Teamwork, decision-making and leadership skills
- Actively builds positive and fruitful working relationships with the customer
- Understanding of conditions for ensuring continuing airworthiness of aircraft and components
- Ability to promote the Company policies including (but not limited to) HR, Quality and SHE policies.
What's on offer?
Flexible benefits package - £35,000 - £45,000 Salary
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Opportunity to be part of a fantastic Training Centre for Fast Jet Pilots
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance