4 months ago
Systems Engineer Intern
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to operational systems used by Systems Solutions customers.
* Contribute to team success supporting systems, software, & infrastructure engineers to design high level architectures for enhancements to operational systems.
* Support to implementation teams through the development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational system.
* Support to integration during software deployment phases.
* Support technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
* Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
* Work with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
The candidate will work with other engineering disciplines (Infrastructure, Test & Integration, and Software Engineering). The candidate will also engage with non-engineering disciplines (programme management and operations) during the year long placement.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Working towards a degree in Systems Engineering or other Engineering degree.
* Good Communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
* Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet programme needs
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Familiarity with any of the following:
* Requirements derivation/analysis and management
* Experience of System modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
* Defect analysis, resolution and management
* Knowledge of the product lifecycle and related disciplines
* Microsoft Office applications
* Windows (NT/2003/7/2008)
* UNIX OS
* Oracle Databases
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.