4 months ago
Systems Engineer Intern
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to the Military Solutions Engineering team.
* Contribute to team success supporting systems engineers to design this high level architecture for enhancements to operational systems.
* Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
* Support and be involved with design analysis and associated use cases.
* Work with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases of multiple programmes.
The candidate will be exposed to several disciplines (Specialist Engineering, Human Factors, Systems and Software Engineering, Integration and Test, System Modelling) during the placement.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991,Rotary and Mission System Integrated Systems (RMS IS, is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Working towards a degree in Systems Engineering, or other related engineering degree
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
• Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Familiarity with any of the following:
* Requirements derivation/analysis
* Experience of System modelling tools
* Use case/sequence diagram compilation
* System modelling tools
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.