MLS - Systems Engineer
Category - Engineering
Location - Cambridge, United Kingdom
Type - Permanent
Status - Full Time
Marshall Aerospace & Defence Group are seeking a Systems Engineer on a permanent fulltime basis. Hours shall be 37 per week Monday to Friday based at Cambridge, although some travelling within the UK and overseas may be required. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction through first class service, on-time delivery, product excellence and adherence to customer requirements.
Primary purpose of the role:
* Reports to Systems Engineering Managers as required across all projects
* May be customer support engineering contact for specific projects
* Performing specific cost benefit analyses of various engineering solutions (ensuring specification compliance).
* Assisting with systems requirements compliance documentation
* Researching and assessing statutory product requirements
* Providing various engineering calculations as required to substantiate the product design
* Assisting with the safety arguments and analysis to support the product safety cases
* Providing engineering support at project reviews
* Assisting in the creation of technical data and rationale to support and validate the systems engineering management
* Producing technical specifications for major subcontract items
* Creating test schedules for system and system sub components
* Liaising with production to ensure that designs are suitable for efficient manufacture and assembly
* Checking designs, drawings, product build standards and configuration control ensuring consistency - work closely with CAD designers.
* Ensuring requirements traceability according to the projects statement of work.
* Assisting in providing documentation across all engineering functions (eg human factors, stress analysis, weight and stability, use in hot and cold environments, component selection, safety, ILS, R&M, task analysis)
Qualifications and experience:
* Knowledge of Systems Engineering required and an understanding of Conceptual design.
* Team player who can work across all business streams. Customer facing with good communication skills.
* A mechanical engineer with some post graduate experience. Must have some conceptual design experience. Experience in working to specifications and budgets. Broad range of engineering experience is preferable. Military systems design experience a distinct advantage
* Degree in Engineering subject. Aspiration to be a Chartered Eng preferred.